Common Symptoms and Preventive Measures of Back Pain
Back pain is one of the most common health problems. This is mostly due to a highly sedentary lifestyle. It has been observed that nearly every person experiences back pain at least once in their life. Despite the widespread prevalence of this problem, there are certain necessary measures that help in the prevention of back pain. Also, there are some simple home treatments that can be followed to get relief. It is only in very cases that a surgery is required to treat back pain.
Symptoms of back muscle pain
There are many symptoms of back muscle pain. Some of the common symptoms include the following.
- Shooting or stabbing pain
- Pain that improves with reclining
- Pain that radiates down the leg
- Muscle ache
- Pain that worsens with lifting, bending, walking, or standing
When should one see a doctor?
Back muscle pain will generally go away with time. Mostly it takes about a week for the pain to go away. However, if the pain persists then one may need to visit a doctor. There are some rare cases where back muscle pain might indicate a serious medical issue. In such cases, be sure to take the assistance of a physician. Such extreme symptoms include the following:
- Urinal problem
- Back pain accompanied by fever
- While A person with a pre-existing back pain condition falls on their back
Prevention of back muscle pain
- Workouts: In order to live an active lifestyle, workouts are important. With an active lifestyle, one can easily eliminate back muscle pain. A few low-pressure aerobic exercises can be helpful in improving the condition. These exercises will help the back muscles become flexible and gain enough strength.
- Building muscles: If one regularly workout, then there is a risk of being affected by back muscle pain because when one builds abdominal muscles, the back also gains strength. This really helps to protect the back from the severe pain.
- Maintain body weight: A person’s body weight puts a lot of pressure on the back. If one is obese then one is more prone to back pain than a person with normal weight. So, try to maintain a healthy weight to prevent back muscle pain.
Finally, if an active lifestyle with proper dieting is the most effective way to prevent back muscle pain.
- Health and Fitness